Since my most popular post of all time is a brief statement of faith, I thought I would design a post that would be helpful to people who need to write a faith statement. (The most important part, of course, is figuring out what you believe, but I can’t really help you with that.)
Follow the prompts and then at the end, you will have something that resembles a faith statement. Faith statements are called “credos.” “Credo” is a word that means “I believe,” from the Latin.
When you are developing your faith statement, consider what you believe:
- What is the nature of God? What is God’s relationship to humanity? (Theology)
- What is the nature of salvation? How is humanity saved? (Soteriology)
- What is the nature of Christ? What do you believe about Jesus? (Christology)
- The Bible: What do you believe about the Bible? (Bibliology)
- How does God reveal godself to the universe? (Revelation)
- How do your beliefs inform your life?
A word of caution: if you’re applying to an organization which requires a faith statement, you might want to see if they have any requirements. (For example, some organizations have a requirement that you profess that “Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior.”)